[Alberg30] Harken traveler system

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Tue Oct 7 06:15:10 PDT 2003

Patty:
    Make sure you get the correct track for both the car and the hole
spacing. Also check the first hole spacing. In other words measure at
least twice and then order. Or if you are wanting to have someone else
do the measuring, take the old track in to the dealer. That may have
your boat so you can't sail for a bit though. I think the part number is
1504.4 but you may need to get the variable spacing track if 4"holes
won't align. As I recall I had to take the combing boards off  - and
that is a delicate job because of two sided tape (you need a really wide
chisel or pry surface to minimise damage) - to get the ends off the
track. You may be able to remove the ends if you do it destructivly,
without having to remove the combings. Otherwise just crawl into the
lazerette and undo the nuts on the traveller track bolts , remove the
bolts and replace things in reverse order the same way. I think the
1596.1.2m  track lined up the holes that were in my boat, # 528. I don't
think I had to change the indents in the combings for the traveller
controls and I cannot remember if I used endcaps, but think I did. At
any rate, I really enjoy the windward sheeting car, except when the sail
is down and it starts to slide on its own. 3:1 on the controls is ample.

Don Campbell