[Alberg30] A 30 eng

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Mon Oct 6 17:05:43 PDT 2003

Hi Richard ;
    I have just bought an atomic 4 that has been in salt with no heat
exchanger. I have yet to find if it is good. The boat is #469 so early 70's
and they have replaced the head gasket.
    I have worked with both VC tar and Interprotect 2000. It is easier to
get a smooth surface with tar if you use foam rollers. It is also easier to
get tar off (if you want to change the surface in the future)  than it is
to get Interprotect 2000 off,  if you choose to use  baking soda blasting
for surface removal. Both barrier layers should be applied in decent
weather, preferably inside.   Tar with dew on it is not pretty. Follow the
labels on the can. Both do a fine job for fresh water barrier layers.
Don Campbell