[Alberg30] Class Rules

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Tue Oct 14 06:25:43 PDT 2003

If you have a furling headsail, do they make a double slot on the tack so
that you can raise another jib and sail wing on wing?

Bill,

My Harken roller furler has twin groves and I am under the impression most
are that way.  What you describe is a great downwind cursing rig.  I think
it is called a poor man's spinnaker.  I sailed most of the way across the
Atlantic in 96 with this rig.  Big Genoa held out by the main boom; other
held out by spinnaker pole.  No worries; 3,000 miles, 7.5 knot average in a
41' full keel ketch.  Crew steering the dear had to concentrate on
preventing rolling.  We got so we could tell who was driving by the motion
of the boat.

Congrats on your win!

Roger Kingsland