[Alberg30] Class Rules

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Tue Oct 14 19:52:40 PDT 2003

It's really worth reading the bylaws in the Handbook, Part II of which
covers the fleet racing rules.

It says, "All genoa jibs shall be fitted with snaphooks, all of which
when the sail is set, must be attached to the jub stay.  Exception: the
use of roller fuling jibs is permitted when racing.  The double groove
furling gear may not be used as a head foil for sail changes when racing."

So you can use roller furling, but you've got to choose your sail prior
to the race and stick with it throughout the race.  Flying two jibs on
the two tracks isn't a roller-furling setup, and, as I read the rules,
wouldn't be allowed.

  - George

   I think how evening follows morn;            gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
   So many I love were not yet born.