[Alberg30] Die Hard Cruise

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Wed Oct 29 06:59:27 PST 2003

Gord;

I used to keep my Rhodes 19 in the river here in Pittsburgh till early
January and sail maybe 4 to 6 times in November / December  (usually on
Christmas day while singing "I saw three ships come sailing in, come sailing
in, come sailing in; I saw three ships come sailing in, on Christmas Day in
the morning ...").

Had to dress like going skiing and be careful not to fall overboard because
all other (potential rescue)  boats were out of  the water.  One year got
caught by the ice and had to wait two weeks for it to melt (including
applying snow melt on the ice at the launch ramp).

One plus, with the exception of those pesky barges, you definitely own the
river.  Don't even need to keep the air horn near by to ward off approaching
speed boats.

Enjoy your season extender crusing.

Roger