[Alberg30] Die Hard Cruise

R C Alley ralley at chesapeake.net
Thu Oct 30 18:31:05 PST 2003

Mike Lehman wrote:

>Forecast:  Saturday, November 1:  Chili weekend ahead!
>
>No - not temperature - but chili.  We've made 3 pots of chili, and we have a special entrée by one of our fellow Albergers.   All you need to bring is your own drink - and if you'd like, pitch in a dessert - or baguette of bread. We'll have bowls and spoons and the makings for a salad.  (This is a true test of dexterity - handling a bowl of salad, a hot bowl of chili while at the same time, holding a drink.   You'd think by the end of the cruising
>season, we'd have it down to a system.....)
>
>We'll plan on meeting in Broad Creek at around 4:00 Saturday afternoon - hang around on the anchor for awhile on Sunday morning - and plan on breaking up in time to be home for the football games (or not!).    If you can, please drop us a line to let us know you can make it.   If you forget - don't worry - come anyway!
>
>(P.S.  The extended forecast is really upper 60's!!!)

Mike and Trish:  Sorry I can't make it--will put it on my calendar next
year to see if I can move a bit closer the weekend before.  I make it
about 40 miles to Broad Creek from FH--a bit too far in winds forecast
at 5kts for both Sat & Sun.

But I will go instead to Hudson Creek with a neighbor who has an old
Bristol and try out the new inflatable & outboard--thanks to all for the
sage advice I got before buying my 4th dingy. All my girls (both 2 and
four legged) seem to be happy with it.

Rob