[Alberg30] New Main Sail

Dave Terrell DTERRELL at message.nmc.edu
Mon Sep 29 13:31:49 PDT 2003

The time has come to get a new main sail for Talisman. I would like the
work to be done locally in Traverse City -  so my question is - what
things do I have to watch out for so that the sail comes out "just
right"? Any suggestion about sail cloth? One sailmaker suggest Contender
made by a Dutch company. Another suggests Challenge? Any opinions on
either of these? I am also planning on putting on a Strong Slide System.
Racing is not going to be my thing so I am planning on full battens
throughout and two reefs - opinions and suggestions will be appreciated
on all these ideas.

Thanks for the help.

David - Talisman #432