[Alberg30] Paint Prep Advice

Gordon LACO mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Sep 22 05:59:37 PDT 2003

Hi there -

A very light coat of thinned contrasting paint is the best way to find
hollows in the hull... I have used a home-made "long-board" tool to sand big
flat areas.  The tool is a 4' length of flexible board (thing plywood) with
two handles attached and a long strip of sand paper glued to it.

And yes - "gunmetal" is British for high grade bronze.  Even some Brits
don't know that anymore so Davey is thinking of just saying "Bronze" or
Silicone Bronze etc in the catalogue.

Gord
#426 Surprise