[Alberg30] Iasbel Aftermath

James Davis a30240 at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 22 17:48:59 PDT 2003

Isa Lei cut her month long cruise short and returned home.  We moored in our normal slip and prepared for the storm.  Our marina is totally protected from wind from anything out of the east, so all we had to contend with was water, not even any wave action.  The water rose about 4 1/2 feet above the pier.  Even the pilings were under.  My neighbors and I spent the night adjusting lines from the pier (always buddy system and life jackets).  No damage to report, we had gotten all the trailerables out and had plenty of room to work.  The community had one tree down and lots of minor branches.  Power was out for about 30 hours.  All has been cleaned up and back to normal.  If the projected track had been further east, I would have anchored out in one of the smaller creeks on South River.

Jim Davis
S/V Isa Lei
CT 35