[Public-list] Big Move

Randy barsuda55 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 19 20:47:27 PDT 2004

hi

I am the owner of Tertius, Alberg 30 hull #3. I have
owned her for over 15 years, unfortunately the last
few she has been in her cradle. Part of that has been
due to her being in Ontario and me being in British
Columbia, something that I intend to fix shortly ...
which leads to my questions for the list.

I am intending to move her myself cross continent and
the question has become important as to how many
pounds she is? I vaguely remember that the first few
boats produced by Whitby has smaller ballasts and
therefor weighed less than the advertised 9000 lbs?!
Can anyone tell me the specifics? I also had her
original Grey Marine gas engine replaced in 1990 with
a 25 horse Perkins diesel. Any help firming up the
numbers would be appreciated. Also any words of wisdom
about such a long move would also be appreciated.

Thanks
Randy Lynch