[Public-list] Polishing Bronze

William Wallace tristan at one.net
Mon Apr 26 14:35:54 PDT 2004

Hi Friends,

I have many bronze fittings on my old Seafarer 1962 Rhodes designed
Meridian - the boat looks a little like a smaller Alberg!  Both Rhodes
and Alberg designed many lovely boats with the beautiful overhangs and
sheers.  My bronze fittings look like something dug up in ancient
China!  They are so dark, they are almost dark brown, and have some
evidence of verdigris...anyone have any clues for cleaning and
polishing?

Also, any tips on keeping the bronze shining, once I get it polished?
A British magazine recommended vaseline...

Thanks,

Scott Wallace, former Pearson Electra (designed by Carl Alberg) now
owner of dry docked WATERMARK, 1962 Rhodes Meridian with Volvo diesel
auxiliary (need to get it running).