[Public-list] Polishing Bronze

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Mon Apr 26 15:23:42 PDT 2004

Well -

I would not polish the bronze - one of the reasons it is used aboard yachts
is that it oxidizes dark and you don't have to do anything with it for ever!

However, if you must polish it, any brass cleaner will do the job.  The
vaseline story is one of those British things - it is probably true that
some people over there do it but imagine the mess on your sails and lines.

I import British and Dutch bronze yacht gear - we tell everybody to just let
it get lovely!

Gord
#426 Surprise