[Public-list] exhausted

Finkenberg, Lincoln S. lsfinkenberg at bryancave.com
Tue Apr 27 08:58:04 PDT 2004

I'm happily dumping my grey marine overboard after dumping good $ after
bad
$ into it.  I've got probably 3-5 carbs (cast iron and aluminum), an
excellent
alternator, and the exhaust sytem Roger ruminates about.  If there's
some
poor fool who would like any of this for whatever they think its worth -
days labor, case of beer, yankee tickets, etc.

I replaced my asbestos covered exhaust system with an exhaust sytem that
cooled directly after the manifold and I believe is what Roger's ins man
is
talking of.  There is a curly cue pipe (kindah like an upside down U
with a
curved right angle to the manifold - truly a plumbers dream) that
attaches
to the manifold. I presume the curly cue exhaust pipes works on  a
diesel
(i've not had the pleasure of calling boat US with a diesel) - worst
case
you'll machine up the idential fittings to whatever dimension your
lovely
manifold desires.  At the top of the upside down U water spits into the
exhaust pipe (it thinks it cooling it - my hands disagrees) - finds it
way
behind the engine and probably half way under the cockpit sole - to
you'll
never guess - a plastic container.  Its some sort of vacuum/trap concept
-
water in but not back to the engine. Same concept as the upside down U
(water down but not up and into the engine).  In any event I can say
with
complete honesty and disdain that that exhaust system never failed me
(nor
did boat us tow teams).   And would recommend both the engine and the
exhaust sytem to anhy individual with like tow insurance.

	Linc, Gypsy #138

This electronic mail message contains information that(a)is or may be
LEGALLY PRIVILEGED, CONFIDENTIAL, PROPRIETARY IN NATURE, OR
OTHERWISE PROTECTED BY LAW FROM DISCLOSURE, and(b)is intended only
for the use of the Addressee(s)named herein. If you are not the
intended recipient, an addressee, or the person responsible for
delivering this to an addressee, you are hereby notified that
reading, using, copying, or distributing any part of this message
is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic mail
message in error, please contact us immediately and take the steps
necessary to delete the message completely from your computer system.
Thank you.