[Public-list] Sail size and lettering size

Matthew Hay haymatthew_ at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:47:01 PDT 2004

Hi Albergers,
I have a very large 150% Genny as well as a very small ?% genny and a storm
trysail.  What I need is recommendation as to a more slandered "normal"
weather genny size.  All my sails are still Hank on and I am so easily
overpowered with the 150% and so underpowered with the small%?  What size
sail would you recommend for a sail that would fit in-between these two?
Does anyone have one they would like to sell?  On the Alberg site in the
sail plan area I noticed that I am missing the one that is 32:0" luff 30:3"
leech and 15:0" foot is that what you would recommend for a medium size
genny?  Can I buy a used one that is close to but not exactly the right
size?  If one size is not exact what side of the sail the Luff, leech, or
foot can be different without effecting performance?  Finally, what size
lettering have you successfully put on your transoms?  I have to replace my
lettering and forgot to measure the old name before removing it for painting
the hull.

"I don't believe in grabbing the bull by the horns, I believe in grabbing it
by the tail and "facing" reality" -- WC Fields

Thank you,
Matthew #314 1968