[Public-list] Starter

Daniel Sternglass dans at stmktg.com
Tue Apr 20 12:45:53 PDT 2004

Meinhold, Michael J wrote:

 > Rinn Duin has the "early model" A4. The starter had been a little
 > balky, refusing to engage for long enough to start the engine.
 > I got it working well enough, then it locked engaged with the
 > engine running and got hot enough to burn paint.
 > So... I need a new starter...

Mike,

You might want to see if an auto-electric shop can rewind and rebuild
your old Prestolite starter, even though it got toasted. It's possible
that they might be able to get mechanical parts. No idea if this would
be possible, but if so, it would avoid some heavy engine work.

--Dan Sternglass
dans at stmktg.com
Watcher of the Skies, #201, 1966, Cayuga Lake, Ithaca, NY