[Public-list] re: Chicago Sailing School

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Apr 26 10:23:19 PDT 2004

I have chartered boats from the Chicago Sailing Club; their latest
newsletter and contact info is below.

Roger Kingsland

Last weekend at Chicago Sailing Club was a hive of activity. With the
weather so nice on Friday we hosted the Kellogg School of Management and
their first sailing outing of 2004. Over 25 sailors sailed on Friday
afternoon and enjoyed a beautiful 80-degree sail. We look forward to having
both The Kellogg School of Management and 80-degree days return again soon.
Also on Friday we had many veteran club members return to shake off the
cobwebs for their first sail of 2004 and to get out on the water Fun was had
by all!

> Saturday saw six new Basic 101 classes start with a total of 24 students
take to the water. We are happy to report that all returned safely and had a
great first lesson and sail out on the water. Also on Saturday we had Club
Sails aboard the J22's and the Hunter 326's were also out.

> Sunday morning was Club sail morning with two boats of club sailors
sailing and the morning Basic 101 classes enjoying their second classes.
Unfortunately Sunday afternoon saw the arrival of 40+ knots of wind making
it unsafe for the afternoon classes to take to the lake, instead they stayed
in the safety of the harbor and practiced docking drills, man overboard,
knots and theory. This weekend will not be as windy so expect to see all
classes out on the lake and sailors having fun! Hopefully you will be able
to join us.

> Delivery of Bumblebee
>
> There are a few spaces available on the Buffalo to Mackinac Island segment
of the Bumblebee delivery. It is a great chance to crew aboard a famously
successful ocean racer and an opportunity to learn Basic Cruising, Coastal
Navigation and Bareboat Cruising at the same time.

> The trip starts on the Eastern side of Lake Erie and finishes at one of
the most famous islands in the world, Mackinac. Along the way you will pass
between Michigan and Ontario, Canada and up the entire length of Lake Huron.
Experience offshore passages, night sailing, life aboard a sailing vessel
and cruising skills. Cost is $1,100pp excluding transportation to and from
the destinations (automobile transport on a shared basis is available).
Please call Alan at 773 252 3700 or email alanvee at ameritech.net  to sign up.

> Parking. Please be reminded that the Chicago Park District now charges
$5/day for parking in the lot South of the Totem Pole. There may be some
delays in transiting this area as old habits are adjusted. This fee applies
to Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only.

> J22's available for clubsails all weekend, J30's and Hunter 326's
available for rental. Please call the office now at 773 871 7245 to make
your reservation.
> Thank you for taking the time to read our email newsletter. If you do not
wish to receive our newsletter please reply with an "unsubscribe" in the
subject.  If you enjoy our newsletter, please pass it on to friends!  Thank
you!
contactus at chicagosailingclub.com.
> Also feel free to pass this email on to anybody that you think may find it
of interest.
> Thank You.
> The Chicago Sailing Club
> 2712 N. Campbell Ave,
> Chicago.
> IL 60647

Roger L. Kingsland, AIA
Managing Partner
Kingsland Scott Bauer Associates (KSBA)
N40° 27' 49"  W79° 57' 59"
3441 Butler Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15201
www.ksba.com

1(412) 252-1500 X101 - Office & Voice Mail
1(412) 779-5101 - Mobile (no voice mail)
1(412) 252-1510 - Fax