[Public-list] Vang Mast Bail

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 27 05:00:58 PDT 2004

Yes I am here - I think my bail is a Ronstan RF1048 or RF1047 which is
available almost anywhere. West Marine has them both listed in their catalog
and website. If I remember, seems like I had to enlarge the hole slightly to
accept the bolt at the mast base. I have a similar bail on the boom
through-bolted for the other end on the vang. I've used this arragement for
20+ years in some pretty hard conditions and it has worked well.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505