[Public-list] exhaust system

Amy & David Swanson zira at bellsouth.net
Tue Apr 27 17:31:08 PDT 2004

Also see "This Old Boat" or Nigel Caulder's book "Eltro-Mechanical Maual" or
something, I forget).  Both have good descriptions.  There was also a
write-up in Good Old Boat magazine a few years ago, and in Woodenboat.  I
built one without a vented loop,as many people I know have trouble with the
vents leaking hot steam when the motor is turned off, or cold water when the
motor is running.  So far (4 + years) I have not had any problems, but a
surveyor might be more worried about water getting into the motor than I am.
Then again, I have a spare atomic 4 in the garage, and the one in the boat
is down to about atomic 2-1/2 anyway.

David Swanson
Strayaway Child
Alberg 30 #229