[Public-list] Re: water drainage

faerthen felix ffelix at lycos.com
Wed Aug 11 10:58:34 PDT 2004

Our A-30 with a Yanmar deisel rode low to stern as well, but we managed to level her pretty well by shifting various aspects of the load forward--water bags, tools, sails, chain, etc. Moving both of us forward or aft there's enough tilt to influence water drainage.

Someone in the boat's former life drilled holes in the teak rail to allow water to escape. Watching rainwater run along the deck & out into the sea (in the dry Caribbean) seems like a terrible waste to me since we have to pay (with cash or with power) for fill-ups. We have been kicking around the idea of plugging the holes & putting in a deck-fill fitting or two right in the flow that could be opened to capture some of this fresh water. Anyone ever try this? Thoughts?

FF
Nisus, #267