[Public-list] A30 Staysail

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Tue Aug 3 11:41:17 PDT 2004

Hi there -

Re staysail - as a professional rigger, my opinion is that given the
characteristics of our Alberg spars (heavy) a halyard for a staysail within
3' of the spreaders can rely upon the after lower shrouds to stabilize
things.  If the staysail halyard block were to fitted any higher, I would
say that the mast needs runners - and to me that would mean that the project
is not worth doing.

Cheers - Gordon, KC426 Surprise