[Public-list] Propane Locker

Michael dickdurk at intercom.net
Tue Aug 17 16:09:46 PDT 2004

>The rhode locker could be modified
>with an air tight raised floor that slopes to drain holes in >either side
of
>the hull.

It seems you are much more willing to live with propane inside the hull than
I; but getting the weight forward is a step in the right direction. Keep in
mind it is a 30'3" LOA hull with a 21' waterline, and is already sensitive
to weight in the stern. You mentioned in a previous post putting extra
tankage aft in the sail lockers- I don't know how you will compensate trim
wise; my boat sits on her original marks only when she has no cruising gear
on her.

I recognize cruising sailors don't care about boat speed, but at some point
dues need to be given to the fact the Alberg 30 is a really sweet sailor,
why destroy her best characteristics? I think all the talk on the list about
engines, wheels, packing glands, etc. we forget she is primarily a SAIL
boat.

I am accepting the mission to do something about that focus ;-)

Michael Grosh
#220 Checkmate

P.S. I know just the Captain for you-he goes by the name of Stump. 1600 ton
unlimited waters <G>