[Public-list] Sherwood water pump

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Aug 18 09:02:13 PDT 2004

It's probably not urgent.  I'd go ahead and order the seals.

After you get them you can pull the pump, remove the shaft, and replace
the seals.  It shouldn't be terribly hard--getting out the old seals
will be the hardest part.  You can use a bent screwdriver to push them
out.  Be sure to put them in the right way--the lip of the seal faces
the liquid it's sealing.

If you're nervous about doing it for the first time, take the pump and
seals to an auto machine shop and ask them to show you.

 - George