[Public-list] Alberg 30 sail choice

dickdurk at intercom.net dickdurk at intercom.net
Thu Aug 19 16:31:56 PDT 2004

Tim

I forget the name of the town, but my wife and I lived in the little municipal
marina above Port Aransas for a couple years on our Alberg-right under the
flight path of the county airport (lots of DC 3's late at night for some
reason, at the time)

Anyway, I don't have furling on the head stay, but I had a working jib made by
Lord sails in Corpus. That was our primary headsail in the Gulf. I would think
the 110% in those steady 20 knot winds would keep the family happy. We single
and double reefed the main quite often also. Comfortable sailing when the wind
is blowing 30 across the deck, except for the wicked chop.

On the other hand, it is nice to have the power of a larger sail available on
the 'nice' sailing days

Hope this helps
Michael Grosh

Lord built that sail way more inexpensive than any other quote, BTW. I hope
they are still in business.  MG