[Public-list] Hull/deck fixing

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 30 08:18:49 PDT 2004

After drilling out the pop rivets, I opened the joint and filled it with 3M
5200. I considered this to be the ideal sealant for the job, better than
using epoxy or polyester resin, since it allows for some flexiblity and
won't crack the way a hard-cure filler. Then I used a small countersink and
fastened the joint with #10 flat head screws. It is dry and strong and I've
never had a problem with these joints again. It's been about 15 years since
I did the port side and about 3 since I did the starboard side.

go to: http://alberg30.org/maintenance/disorganized/HullDeckJoint/

              Mike Lehman