[Public-list] Chainplate covers?

John Irving a30blueteal at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 08:32:11 PST 2004

This looks like a great idea. It puts a lot of faith into the SS
welds. I'm not sure if that could be a deal breaker or not, but I've
read that corrosion on SS welds is a potential problem. I've heard
stories about SS self steering gear failing at the welds, etc. That
begs the next question... does it have to be SS? Could it be
galvanized mild steel?

  One solution I thought about for the reinstall was to