[Public-list] Chainplate covers?

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Thu Dec 16 05:07:20 PST 2004

Roger,

I am not sure if other members see it this way. If we have one good solution
out of ten ideas, it may be worth reading through some of your thoughts.
When I looked at your design, it is similar to what O'Day used on smaller
boats in the 70's. They also water intrusion issues under the chainplates.

I am more concerned about the attachment points, if the current design bends
1/4 inch bolts, I wouldn't trust two attachment point in the area I sail
which is off shore.

I plan on buying some chainplate covers to extend the life of the sealant,
it seems they reduce the UV damage and provide a finished look.

Have a nice holiday.

Stephen