[Public-list] Lost Rudder: Gudgeons and Pintels

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 22 08:16:40 PST 2004

Linc,

I just re-did the deck of my 19' power boat this summer with Coosa board.
With help from George, Larry Morris and Phil Beigel we were able to create a
whole new deck and all of the stringers and below deck support beams. It
turned out great. Coosa was easy to work with, it is impervious to water
absorption; when covered with glass it is very strong and it is about 40%
lighter than wood. Good choice for a new rudder, let me know if you need any
advice working with this stuff.

Mike Lehman