[Public-list] Lost Rudder: Gudgeons and Pintels

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Wed Dec 22 10:36:02 PST 2004

On Wed, Dec 22, 2004 at 07:59:56AM -0800, Lincoln Finkenberg wrote:

> Would anyone have the dimensions of each of the pintels and gudgeons
> on the rudder or in the alternative - a good idea of their size.
> I understand they are similar to the pacific seacraft 25 and the j24.
> A fabricator has existing casts and asks that I give him a better idea of
> the dimensions so he can try to find a decent match.  In the end they'll
> probably be silicon bronze (I'm scared to ask how much).

I didn't think to make measurements when I had one in hand, but if you
look at http://alberg30.org/maintenance/Steering/Gudgeons/ you'll see
what the standard cast gudgeon looks like.  I may still have the broken
welded gudgeon kicking around the basement.  I'll look for it.

> If folks are interested in getting some of these gidgets for their
> parts inventory - I'm happy to coordinate.  Note that these would not
> be exact replicas.

It would be good to have the information for future needs.

 - George