[Public-list] Prop question

FITZONELOVE at aol.com FITZONELOVE at aol.com
Wed Jul 7 17:16:14 PDT 2004

I bought a new 3 bladed prop this spring-Michigan 12"R10," and find that with
the Yanmar 3GM30, I can barely do 3-4 knots into a stiff breeze at 3000
RPM's.  This is the prop that was recommended by the local propeller seller(LOL),
but I think it is either undersized, or needs a pitch adjustment.  The boat had
a large 2 bladed prop prior to this, but the hub cracked after striking
something in the water.  Any advice/comments would be very much appreciated.
Thanks, Joe #286