[Public-list] Installation of a Thru Hull and Seacock

Roger L. Kingsland rkingsland101 at ksba.com
Mon Jul 12 05:28:33 PDT 2004

I kept PERFECT in Round Bay on the Severn River for a six weeks last spring
and closed all of the thru hulls.  Of course, when I asked a friend to start
the engine for me I neglected to tell him to open the sea water intake.  Two
lessons learned;  how to replace an impeller and, after closing the valve,
hang the ignition key around the handle.  I guess wisdom derived from
stupidity is better than no wisdom at all.

Roger Kingsland
Chief Boat Boy
PERFECT intentions, A30 #148
on the hard at N40° 33.945' W79° 51.260'