[Public-list] Garhauer traveller warning

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Sun Jul 25 03:57:18 PDT 2004

Have any of you that own a Garhauer traveler ignored the little red
sticker on the center car? DON'T!

I just counted out 8 groups of 31 ball bearings into little plastic
cups. Unbelievable that I didn't lose a single one considering that it
had just started pouring rain, very breezy and my fingertips were
covered in 3M 101.

I saw the sticker several times and saw Garhauer Marine written on it,
but the rest of it said, "Removing the car from the track will result in
the loss of ball bearings".

I'm not complaining here about Garhauer at all. The traveler looks
amazing, appears to be well constructed, priced right and it fit the
rear deck curve perfectly. I can't wait to dump the main in a huge puff
now! (I just upgraded from my original 1966 track!)

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158