[Public-list] Boom end crack

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Sun Jul 25 03:57:43 PDT 2004

Have any of you replaced the cast aluminum forward end of the boom? I
have the old roller boom type and there is a 3/4" crack on part of it
just forward of the worm gear on the top of the round section.

I decided to go ahead and put it back on the boat (with some JB Weld in
the crack) and then deal with it this winter, but was wondering if
anyone else had replaced this piece. After taking it apart, it looks
pretty easy to fabricate if I do away with the roller part altogether
but I would be open to any suggestions.

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158