[Public-list] prop question II

C.B. Currier cbcurrier at spinrx.com
Mon Jul 12 09:48:59 PDT 2004

Bill,

Check to see that you have the prop on the correct way.One end is larger
than the other. If so then Use the 1'st larger nut to tighten the prop
onto the shaft. The prop should ride farther on as you tighten. And I mean
hard.
Then the 2nd nut should follow or you can use a prop nut zinc instead of a
collar on the other side. When I re-Propped I went for the old 2 nut with
the zinc collar but next season may just switch to the propnut zinc.

Remember Tighten really har. If you do not have a very large crescent
wrench then finding one will make a difference. I also used another bar to
stop the shaft from spinning by placing it between the balde and the
hull/keel.  You have a potential for damage to the prop so this should be
done carefully.

Good luck.

--
C.B. Currier