[Public-list] prop question II

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Mon Jul 12 12:00:08 PDT 2004

I saw a photo from Mike Lehman I think showing a prop nut with the zinc
over it. I looked at one this weekend at Boaters World. I didn't' buy it
but probably should have. It looked too large - even for the old prop.
Maybe I'll pick one up Wednesday night at Solomons and try that too.

We did have two gloved people holding the prop while I tightened with a
large crescent wrench. We finally called it good - 1/4 inch short of
being able to put on the second nut. I don't think there is any more
room on the big end of the prop. It looks tight. The only other solution
would be to pull the key, shave a little off the bottom or top and try
again. I don't think it's coming off.

I have photos of the prop (and my paint jobs) but can't seem to get the
ftp connected now. Here's a Quicktime movie of the same photos. It also
shows the prop from various angles.

http://mysailingphotos.com/Members/Sabrina/Files/Sabrina.mov

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158