[Public-list] Hand rail switching or replacement

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Mon Jul 12 11:13:58 PDT 2004

I can't give you advice on switching or replacing, not having seen them.

The handrails are through-bolted.  If they were screwed on, they
wouldn't be of much value when you needed them.

You'll have to make them.  The spacing is different than those currently
available pre-made.  Make them in pairs.  Take a piece of teak big
enough for a pair, plus a saw-kerf between.  Drill holes with a hole saw
and connect the holes with a sabre saw.  Shape with a rasp and sand.
Cut apart into two handrails.  Voila!

I believe I got these construction details from This Old Boat
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0071579931/alberg30-20) but my
copy isn't handy at the moment.

 - George