[Public-list] thru hulls

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Fri Jul 16 04:35:23 PDT 2004

Dan,

If you are in the process of changing the thru hulls, I would advise
changing all of them and putting ball valves on the boat. Buck Algonquin
makes a nice ball valve for marine applications, if you cannot find a
distributor in the area their number is 302-659-6900.  I found the small
ones in the best shape, the large ones had the washers. On 114 I could only
find one washer, the most difficult part was getting to break loose from the
hull. I applied a little heat and it was much easier to remove the sealant.

Stephen