[Public-list] crack leak at the keel

Bill Blevins billblevins at mac.com
Tue Jul 27 07:57:47 PDT 2004

George is correct. The older boats (I don't know about the newer ones)
had a stainless piece of trim going down the center line seam from the
bow to about 16 inches below the water line. After I removed the SS and
sanded through the gel coat, I saw that the seam wasn't filled in very
well at all underneath. The screw holes that held the SS on looked like
great sources of water intake. I used Interlux WaterTight to fair that
whole seam out on mine before I started the bottom paint. I didn't put
the SS trim back on yet. Still considering that at the moment. The seam
appeared much better as the front of the keel started to become more
rounded as it went down, but that would be near the area below the water
tank where you are referring to your stains.

Bill Blevins
Sabrina #158