[Public-list] crack leak at the keel

ilhelms at comcast.net ilhelms at comcast.net
Tue Jul 27 08:32:17 PDT 2004

When I bought #562, she had been on the hard for a long period of time and had what looked like stalactites going from the center of the keel to the ground in a number of places. The boat had about a foot of water in the bildge at the time.  The water appeared to be seeping out of the hull joint. I cleaned out the joint, faired it, glassed over the length of the keel and I haven't had a problem since.
Lanny Helms
Windswept #562