[Public-list] Re: crack leak at the keel

Todd Redhead todd.redhead at sympatico.ca
Wed Jul 28 20:46:16 PDT 2004

Henry,

Do you have access to the inside of your watertank.  If so, do you have a
series of cracks moving up the bottom seam?  I am still curious to know
whether some of your leaking was coming from your water tank or not.  If the
tank was leaking, it would explain the amount of substance coming from your
hull.  I had not heard that fiberglass was considered a pourous material
before George mentioned it - so I will have to give that some thought before
I make a conclusion on Strathgowan.  However, in my case, I am still leaning
toward the problem being a watertank leak.  Otherwise, it would seem to me
that we all would have leaking hulls during haulout time especially where
ever we had managed to damage the gelcoat.  (We all seem to hit the ground
at one time or another - don't we?)  Keep us informed as you decide how to
repair the problem.

Todd

P.S. I will try to post some pictures of the inside of my watertank to my
website in the next couple of days.