[Public-list] Chainplate knees and mast pad

Peter Amos p.a.amos at tesco.net
Fri Jul 30 08:46:36 PDT 2004

I believe the liner models had a change in that the support beam is box
section aluminum and the mast is set half on and half off the beam which is
why these boats have an indented deck aft of the mast.Does this mean the
mast has a false inclination aft? I have not heard of holes in the aluminum
beam to take bolts, only that the deck step bolts are tapped into the
glass.I assume the tension of the shrouds is enough to prevent the mast
lifting and the bolts just prevent lat and long movement.
Peter Amos
Tait Tait #478