[Public-list] Chainplate knees and mast pad

sousa, stephen (ENG) sousa_stephen at emc.com
Fri Jul 30 06:27:44 PDT 2004

Peter,

I am not familiar with the methods other Albergs were built by Whitby. I
replaced my mast step a few years ago and during that time discovered that
the screws in the center of that step are attached to the support beam.
There are two bungs in the support beam which provided access to those
screws which are through bolted for removal. In my case #114 has the mast
centered over the main support beam. I would not have known this information
if it were not for this restoration work. Also I replace the chain plates
from 1965 with new plates made from 316 stainless and used the old chain
plates as backing plates.

Regards,
Stephen