[Public-list] still agonizing over non slip

Don Campbell dk.campbell at sympatico.ca
Tue Jun 1 21:37:55 PDT 2004

Hi Roger;
    I have been through exactly the same decision process and even with the same treadmaster stuff. The only difference was that I had replaced the deck,  so had cut off all the diamond pattern and rebuilt the deck from the bottom skin up. That left the surface smoother than what you probably have,  but I stopped at 100 grit for that finish on 2 rolled layers of West system Epoxy with no additives. Once all was considered, I thought most options were too expensive,  so I then went with Sikkens grey non-slip deck paint until I figured out what would be
best. They made white, grey and black deck paints at the time. We had the grey paint on the deck of a dingy, liked it for the colour but it wore through a pair of pants in a regatta every weekend. The application on the Alberg was 7 years ago and I have only added one coat of paint after 5 years. The grey is really nice because it does not reflect the sun or reflected light. So far, even with a rail in the water, no-one has lost their footing on it. And so far there is no black showing through either,  which may be because there was no black there to begin
with. Sikkens makes Cetol so that may give you a clue where to find a supplier.
Don