[Public-list] water tank

George Dinwiddie gdinwiddie at alberg30.org
Fri Jun 11 06:03:11 PDT 2004

If your tank is original, I believe you'll find that it's formed by the
hull and a fiberglass bulkhead, with an aluminum top pop-riveted on.
The aluminum corrodes and the pop-rivets leak.

A flexible tank will certainly wear through much sooner than even the
original tank took to leak.  I would just replace the top of the
original tank with something other than raw aluminum and pop-rivets.
While you're at it, coating the inside of the tank with epoxy is a good
idea, too.

 - George