[Public-list] water tank

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 11 06:09:51 PDT 2004

Harlan,

You tank, as George mentioned, has an aluminum cover and the rest of the
tank is part of the inner liner of the boat. The aluminum cover is fastened
with aluminum pop rivets. Remove the top of the tank and use it as a pattern
to cut out a new top. I used a sheet of G10 epoxy which I purchased at
Piedmont Plastics. www.piedmontplastics.com I laid the old tank cover on the
new sheet and spray painted around the edge to get the shape and hole
positions. I cut the new sheet out, drilled the holes and installed it with
a liberal amount of 3M 5200. Finally I secured the new top with SS sheet
metal screws. I did this project about 10+ years ago and I do not have any
more stuff floating in my coffee in the morning any more. It is a permanent
fix and an upgrade to the original method.