[Public-list] water tank

Brian and Elaine Timmins timmins at optonline.net
Fri Jun 11 10:09:24 PDT 2004

On #497 when I owned her, I reoved the aluminum cover, etched the aluminum
with West System etch, coated the aluminum with West Epoxy, cut the cover in
half to make future removal easier, added a plastic inspection port,
installed threaded inserts where the pop rivets were, and bolted the cover
back on using 3M 101 sealant. I also coated the inside of the tank with
epoxy. You have to let this FULLY cure and then scrub it to remove the amine
blush stuff. I also added a filter to the water hose and ended up with very
drinkable water. (It also stopped that darn leak which is why I did this
project in the first place)
Brian