[Public-list] Reverse

John Birch Sunstone at cogeco.ca
Thu Jun 17 20:25:01 PDT 2004

My understanding was that it essentially acts like a clutch connecting the
trans gears to the engine to the shaft. Would that not be applicable whether
in Fwd or Rev?
Please correct me if I am wrong.
One thing you could do to determine if trans slip is the issue is to put it
under constant moderate load of say 1500 RPM and  listen for the RPM sliding
up and down which is what occurs if the trans is slipping. The RPM should
stay steady.
Cheers,
John