[Public-list] Gooseneck replacement?

Mike Lehman sail_505 at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 24 04:53:30 PDT 2004

Rick,

On my boat, I slid the goosneck to its highest position on the track and
replaced one of the flat-head screws with a hex bolt as a stopper to hold it
in that position. That gives me the headroom that I was looking for in the
cockpit. Then instead of messing with the downhaul and trying to slide the
boom up and down, I installed a cummingham on the main to make the luff
tension adjustments. I no longer use the roller furling boom, instead I
installed jiffiy reefing. These systems work well together and it makes sail
adjustments much easier. I also installed a 7-part purchase outhaul
internally in the boom with a small exit hole for the control line close to
the from of the boom. so luff tension and outhaul tension can all be made
from the same location by a crew member.

Mike Lehman
"Gilleleje" #505