[Public-list] exhaust exit

Brian Palmer Bpalmer at DigitalArsenal.com
Thu May 13 21:00:27 PDT 2004

Richard,

I think the pipe stands proud of the hull to keep the exhaust water from
running down the hull.  Ever see a boat where the water can run down the
stern and the paint is all black and stained?  The pipe extending out is
supposed to help prevent that.

-Brian

-----Original Message-----
From: public-list-bounces at alberg30.org
[mailto:public-list-bounces at alberg30.org] On Behalf Of Richard Mair
Sent: Friday, May 14, 2004 2:44 AM
To: public-list at alberg30.org
Subject: [Public-list] exhaust exit

On our Boat the exhaust currently exits from the port side and the bilge

pump water from the starbord side. The thru hull on the port side sits
almost flush with the hull. On the starbord side there is an extra bit
of bronze pipe that sits proud of the hull. To me it looks as if this
may have been reversed at some point,as the pipe would keep the hot
exhaust water away from the hull.
    Which way is it supposed to be?? Since we are going to be changing
the engine this would be a good time to correct this if it is wrong

Richard and Margaret
Into the Blue
609