[Public-list] Exhaust manifold

RJ Darst rjdarst at yahoo.com
Thu May 20 05:06:07 PDT 2004

Macinda 159 has a Greymarine gasoline engine.  I believe she has either
a internally cracked or plugged exhausted manifold (water side).  Water
to exhaust low and sometimes stops.  Bypassing the exhaust manifold I
have more than adequate water flow into the exhaust.  Questions .... 1.
What is the primary purpose of jacketing the exhaust manifold?  2. Is
it acceptable to run the engine for any extended time bypassing the
exhaust manifold?

Thanks,

Robert Darst

=====
Believe me, my young friend, there is NOTHING--absolute nothing--

half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.