[Public-list] Exhaust manifold

Gordon Laco mainstay at csolve.net
Sat May 22 18:48:49 PDT 2004

Hi there -

Sounds to me like your exhaust manifold is plugged with either silt or rust
scales (or maybe a water pump impeller fragment).  Running the engine
bypassing it could cause a fire or the melting of the manifold. The water
jacket there is intended to cool the flame-hot plasma that blasts into it
each time a piston pushes the exploded gasses out of its cylinder.  My
advice would be to deal with the blockage!

Gord Surprise #426